Add a Pregnant Female
If you receive already pregnant females from a vendor, or you have an unexpected pregnancy, or you are using surrogate mothers and need to add in a subsequent litter without specifying who the father is, you can follow these steps:
1. Use the New Mice form to add in the female mouse as usual if the pregnant female was received. Otherwise proceed directly to step 2.
2. Go to your Matings List and click New Mating
Note: SoftMouse.NET still requires there to be a mating record so that you can link the litter to the mother for pedigree purposes
- Select the female in question from the female list
- In Step 3, check the box for Single Pregnant Female
- Fill in the Pregnancy Date, Litter Mouseline and any other needed field
- Click Add and proceed as you would with a regular Mating Record
On your Mating List, you can click the Select Columns (top right of the list) and add the Pregnancy Date as a column option so you know when to expect your litter.