Create an Experiment
If you have detailed experimental information that you want to track for your mice, the Projects module is the place to go!
To start a new project, click the green Projects button at the top right of the screen, then click New Projects and fill in the required information (Project Name, Start Date, etc.). A Project is similar to a folder on your computer: within each Project (the folder), you can create a number of Experiments (the files).
Next you'll need to click on the Experiment menu. This will take you to the Experiment List, where you can then click New Experiment. On the New Experiment page:
- Enter the Experiment Name
- Select your Project from the drop down list and enter a Start Date
- Click Next
- In the "Mice in this Experiment" section, click the Add Mice to Experiment button. This will open a window where you can select mice from your colony to add to the experimental record.
- In the "Study Design" section, click Add Variable to add in the variable names that you wish to track as part of your study (e.g. weight, diet, injections, blood draws, comments, etc.)
- If these variables are on a regular time course (e.g. once a week every Wednesday), you can select the check box of the variables added, either one at a time or as a group, and click Set Time Course
- Click Submit to save the variables to the database
- Scroll down to the Enter Values section to view your Study. When the dates come for you to enter values for each mice, you can simply enter them straight into this table
- This table can also be exported to a spreadsheet if you need by clicking the "Export Data" button.