How to Add Strains
You can easily add strains (i.e. backgrounds) to your records. One thing to note with Mouselines and Strains in SoftMouse is that you need to associate a Strain with a Mouseline in order for it to appear in your Strain drop down list.
Here's how to create strains:
- Go to your Mouseline List by clicking Mouselines in the blue menu header
- Click on the checkbox of any Mouseline in your click and click Edit Lines
- On the Edit page, click on the "Assign Background Strains" button directly under the Mouselines > Edit Mouseline Record header
- Click on the Blue "Strain" title link to enter a new strain --- if the strain name is already a selectable option in the box, you can skip this step
- In the pop-up window, enter the strain name and click "add"
- Click on the green "save" button to continue --- you should now see the strain name as a selectable option in the box
- Select the checkbox of the strain added --- you can select multiple strains
- Finally, click on the green "Save" button to save your Strain-Mouseline association
Now when creating new mice or editing mice, when you select a Mouseline, the strain list will automatically populate to show you all strains that you have associated with this line.