Security Hygiene Tips
Internet Browsing Hygiene
Email Security Hygiene
- Only visit websites that are HTTPS enabled. Learn more
- Check and verify the address (URL) of the websites you visit.
- Keep your Internet browsers up-to-date.
Email is one of the main infection methods.
Password Security Hygiene
- If you are EVER unsure, about the source of an email don’t open it.
- Please note that Iseehear Inc. will never ask for your credit card or other personal information by email.
- Be cautious of unsolicited or suspicious emails asking for any personal information or that refer you to web sites that may ask for personal information.
- Avoid clicking on email links or downloading email attachments from who you do not know or trust.
Data Backup Hygiene
- It is good practice in general to change your passwords and security questions frequently, and to review all your services and financial accounts for any suspicious activity.
- Do not use the same password on multiple accounts.
- Backing up important data is the single most effective way of combating ransomware infection.
- Individuals should ensure that backups are appropriately protected or stored so that attackers can’t delete them.
- Use Iseehear Inc. cloud services to help retain previous versions of files.
- Anti-virus security software needs to be installed on every single computer and mobile device you own or use.
- Always keep your Anti-virus security software up to date to protect your data and yourself.
- Run a virus scan on your computers daily.
- Keep your operating system and other software updated.
- Software updates will frequently include patches for newly discovered security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by attackers.
Click here to learn more about SoftMouse.NET Security Overview.