Set Email Reminders for Events
To help keep you on top of your colony activities, SoftMouse can send you automatic email reminders for key events.
Here's how to set up email reminders:
- Click the Preferences menu in the admin area (i.e. the grey menu)
- Scroll down to the Calendar Event Settings
- There are four types of reminders that you can set up:
- Wean Date reminders, for all weaning related events
- Tail / Tag reminders, for all study and genotyping events
- Experiment reminders, for any time specific experimental events
- Custom event reminders, based on any event that you manually create in the calendar
- To enable email notifications for each event type, simply:
- Select "Email" from the drop-down list
- Input how much time prior to the event you would like to be reminded
- Select all the users from the drop-down list who you wish to also receive the email reminder
- Click Save
- You cannot set a reminder to 0 hours or 0 days before your event.
Your reminder must be set to a number greater than 0 or else you will not receive an email
- All email reminders are sent at the top of every hour.
- For all events and reminders:
-Wean, Tail/Tag, Experiment, and custom Events are date specific events, versus time specific events. This means that the system assumes that these events run from midnight to 11:59 pm on the same day.
-Here is an example with a 1 day reminder setting:
For a litter due to be weaned on January 5, your email reminder will come on January 4 at midnight
-Here is an example with a 1 hour reminder setting:
For a litter due to be weaned on January 5, your email reminder will come on January 4 at 11pm