View Total Number of Records after Filtering
After performing a filter in any of the SoftMouse lists (e.g. Mouse List, Mating List, etc.), if you look at the top right of the list in question, the total number of records that meet your filter parameters will show.
Here is an example:
Say you want to know how mice are available for an experiment based on a specific mouseline, genotype, sex and age range, here are the steps:
- Go to the Mouse List
- Open the Filter
- In the Mouseline drop down, your mouseline of interest
- In the sex drop down, specify Male / Female
- Use the Gene / Allele drops downs and add the desired combination to the Genotype box
- Specify the age you are looking for either in the Age parameters or in the Date of Birth Range section
- Click the green Filter button --- the Mouse List will refresh to show just the records that meet your filter parameters
- The top right of the Mouse List gives us the total number of records that meet your filter parameters.