Viewing Total Colony Counts
If you would like to get a detailed breakdown of your colony by number per mouseline, follow these steps:
- Go to your Mouseline List
- Click "Select Columns" --- this will open a pop up so you can pick and choose the columns you want to see (e.g. # Mice, #Pups, #Matings, #Litters, # Cages etc.)
- Save your column selection in the pop up
- Now on your Mouseline List, you will see all of your active record counts displayed broken down by Mouseline
These counts are active numbers only, specifically:
- Active Mice count the alive adult mice (Weanlings, Stock, Mating)
- Active Pups count the alive unweaned pups
- Active Matings count the current breeding pairs
- Active Cages count the total number of occupied cages present in your colony
If you need to capture these counts at a regular time interval (e.g. every week or every month), simply click the Export List or Print List buttons to export the data to a spreadsheet or print it to a pdf format. The resulting file will be dated so that you have an accurate snapshot of the the colony size on that particular day.
TIP : Following the same Steps (1 to 4), you can display a breakdown of the lines by age in a more detailed way: 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, 8-10 and 10-12 month columns as shown on the image below.