To move mice into an EXISTING Cage with the filter, follow these steps:
1. On the Move page, open the Filter
2. In the Filter parameters, enter any information that you may know of the existing cage into which you want to move the mice to find your desired cage --- To search for an inactive cage, use the State Filter option and select Inactive
3. Click the green Filter button
4. Select the check box of the desired cage in the Cage List that will appear on the filter menu screen --- The first number is the Cage Tag. The second is in parentheses is the SID - Sequential I.D.
5. Select the check box of the mouse or group of mice from the table below --- If multiple mice should go in the same existing cage, first group them by clicking the orange "Group" button
6. Click the Apply button --- Here you will notice that the Cage Tag field in the Cage Information section of the table will be automatically filled with the existing Cage Tag
7. Repeat for the next group of mice
8. Finally, click on the green "Create / Update Cages button" to save your changes.
The Mice will now be moved into the existing cage(s).